[IPP] IPP WG Last Call: IPP Everywhere v1.1 Printer Self-Certification Tools Update 2

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Fri Oct 16 18:19:51 UTC 2020

Hi Mike and Jeremy,

Two points of feedback:

1. Timeouts: For all tests, we should either eliminate them and have them depend more on the printer state, or make the timeout values really big. HP ran into some similar timeouts with the early 1.1 toolsets.

2. Prompts: I do agree that it is important to test the case where the Job provides one media size but that media size isn't loaded. It is OK to include a few prompts, but I'd like to minimize their use. There is only one use of PAUSE, and that is in "ipp-tests.test".

I filed Issue #62 in ippeveselfcert (Add options to allow the IPP Everywhere Self-Certification tool set to be run non-interactively <https://github.com/istopwg/ippeveselfcert/issues/62> - https://github.com/istopwg/ippeveselfcert/issues/62 <https://github.com/istopwg/ippeveselfcert/issues/62>) because I think we ought to be able to run most of the tests non-interactively when the test scripts are run with a particular option or when an environment variable is set or whatever turns that mode on. This will facilitate integrating IPP Everywhere certification tools into automated firmware certification test systems without local modifications.

My $0.02,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy