[IPP] Update registration for "printer-current-time" Printer Description attribute in IANA Registry; was Re: Minutes posted from today's concall

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 00:34:35 UTC 2020

Hi,

The lack of REQUIRED "printer-current-time" to populate "date-time-at-xxx"
attributes is an *old* problem - noticed in the first draft of IPP 2.0.  In
RFC
8011, it's still (incorrectly) RECOMMENDED, which breaks the preferred
"date-time-at-xxx" attributes (the only useful ones in a Job Log) - and RFC
8011 is the authoritative source definition in the IANA IPP Registry, so
this
can't simply be fixed in a PWG 5100.x spec (I think?).

WDYT?

*Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)*

*Chair - SAE Trust Anchors and Authentication TF*
*Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG*

*Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG*

*Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WGSecretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer
Working GroupCo-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WGIETF
Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIBBlue Roof Music / High North
Inchttp://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
<http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic>http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
<http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc>mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
<blueroofmusic at gmail.com>(permanent) PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839