[IPP] Fwd: [Secdispatch] Requesting agenda time for draft-rsalz-use-san

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:18:45 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Salz, Rich <rsalz=40akamai.com at dmarc.ietf.org>
Date: Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 10:44 AM
Subject: [Secdispatch] Requesting agenda time for draft-rsalz-use-san
To: secdispatch at ietf.org <secdispatch at ietf.org>

I would like to present
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rsalz-use-san/

This updates RFC 6125 to remove commonName as a way to identify the server;
just use subjectAltName.  It also limits where the "*" can go in wildcard
certificates. This is a simplification of widely implemented existing
practice. It may even be de facto what's mostly done. Perhaps the wildcard
limitation is controversial and I'd be willing to remove it.

6125 was AD-sponsored. I think this could also be, or perhaps it could go
to UTA. I would not present any slides, and think 10-15 minutes would be
enough time.