[IPP] Adding "printer-service-contact" to IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Thu Apr 22 21:55:40 UTC 2021

Hi there,

I'd like to pre-screen the addition of "printer-service-contact" to IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0. But I'm unsure how to model it. I have found "printer-contact-col" and "system-contact-col" in IPP System Service (5100.22). Should I clone that?

X.Y printer-service-contact-col (collection | unknown)

This REQUIRED Printer Description attribute identifies the Printer service agent. Table 10 lists this attribute's member attributes. When specified in a Set-Printer-Attributes operation [RFC3380], the collection value MUST contain all REQUIRED member attributes as the entire collection value is replaced.

X.Y.1 contact-name (name(MAX))

This REQUIRED member attribute contains the contact name, e.g., "Bob Smith".

X.Y.2 contact-uri (uri)

This REQUIRED member attribute contains the contact URI, e.g., “mailto:bob at example.com”.

X.Y.3 contact-vcard (1setOf text(MAX))
This RECOMMENDED member attribute contains the contact vCard [RFC6350].

Or should I do something simpler, like this:

X.Y printer-service-contact (uri)

This REQUIRED Printer Description attribute specifies a URI used to contact the service agent responsible for the Printer. The value MUST use the "mailto", "tel", "http" or "https" URI schemes.

Thoughts?

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy