[IPP] Minutes from today's meeting

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Sat Jul 31 03:59:36 UTC 2021

Hi Mike,

(CC'ing the IPP Workgroup reflector back in...)

> On Jul 28, 2021, at 3:01 PM, Michael Sweet <msweet at msweet.org> wrote:
>
> Smith,
>
> > On Jul 28, 2021, at 4:53 PM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) <smith.kennedy at hp.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > Starting work on the next draft of Finishings 3.0. In the minutes it says:
> >
> > ⁃ Section 5.1.2:
> > ⁃ Add reference to 5100.2, should use "output-bin" to specify a 'stacker' value to get this behavior
> >
> > What does this mean? Does this pertain to the 'jog-offset' keyword?
>
> Yes. The 'jog-offset' value should be deprecated, with a note to say that the 'stacker' values for "output-bin" should be used instead.

I remember us deciding on that. Here's what I have so far:

•	‘jog-offset’ (14): (DEPRECATED) Shift each Set from the previous one by a small amount which is device dependent. This value has no effect on the “job-sheet”. This value SHOULD NOT have an effect if each Set of the Job consists of one sheet. The "output-bin" Job Template attribute should be used instead,  specifying one of the 'stacker-NN' keywords (e.g. 'stacker-1').

But I wonder about the lack of a keyword like 'jog-offset-1' that more specifically identifies an output tray that is capable of jogging? I've not looked at that in a long time.