[IPP] Updated IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 draft posted for review (late)

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Thu Sep 23 20:32:19 UTC 2021

Greetings,

I posted a new draft of IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 yesterday, and I could have sworn that I posted this notice yesterday as well, but cannot find it. We already began that review today. The new draft is here:

   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20210922.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20210922.pdf>
   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20210922.docx <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20210922.docx>
   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20210922-rev.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20210922-rev.pdf>
   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20210922-rev.docx <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20210922-rev.docx>

Changes:
Rewrote and refactored section 6.1.1 (job-password), 6.1.2 (job-password- encryption), 7.1 (Create-Job, Print-Job, and Print-URI Operations: "job-password" and "job-password-encryption), 7.7 (*) and 12.1;
Added a new sub-section in section 7 for "job-release-action" and moved sub- sections around so that they are now alphabetized;
Added mention of "job-storage-disposition" to section 4.2 which was missing;
Added diagrams from slides from 2020 to section 4 to illustrate the job state transitions and the influences the attributes from this specification have on their transitions, including a new or restored "Feature Interoperability" sub-section; and
Editorial cleanup.

Cheers,
Smith

/**