[IPP] Minutes posted from today's IPP concall

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Thu Oct 21 21:25:34 UTC 2021

Smith,

> On Oct 21, 2021, at 3:57 PM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) <smith.kennedy at hp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> The minutes say this:
>
> ⁃ Section 2.2:
> 	⁃ Import Job Owner from STD92
>
> But I'm not finding a clear definition of "Job Owner" in RFC 8011 (the document actually uses "Job owner" with a lower case "o"). Do you have a definition you would like me to use in EPX? System Service has this definition:
>
> Owner: The End User or Administrator who owns and manages (and typically created) a Job, Printer, Resource, Subscription, or System [PWG5108.06].
>
> I could use that? Or make a Job Owner that would be something like this:
>
> Job Owner: The End User who owns and manages (and typically created) a Job [PWG5108.06].

Looking at the Send-Document description in RFC 8011, the definition should be:

	Job Owner: The End User who created the Job [STD92].

This would be consistent with section 4.3.1:

   Access Rights: The authenticated user (see Section 9.3) performing
   this operation must be either the Job owner (as determined in the
   Create-Job operation) or an Operator or Administrator of the Printer
   (see Sections 1 and 9.5).  Otherwise, the Printer MUST reject the
   operation and return 'client-error-forbidden',
   'client-error-not-authenticated', or 'client-error-not-authorized'
   as appropriate.