[IPP] RFC: Sorting preferences for MSN 2.1 size tables

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Thu Jun 1 18:51:25 UTC 2023

All,

This question came up during our review of the MSN 2.1 at the face-to-face meeting.  Basically, the current media size tables have inconsistent ordering.  The original specification (MSN 1.0) sorted the sizes by width and then length.  The 2.0 version added tables that are sorted by the media size name.

What ordering do people prefer for media sizes?  Sort by the PWG media size name ("na_letter_8.5x11in" comes after "na_legal_8.5x14in") or by dimensions ("na_letter_8.5x11in" comes *before* "na_legal_8.5x14in")?

Please let me know your preference by June 15, 2023 so I can put out a new draft of the MSN specification.

Michael Sweet