[IPP] Updated STABLE draft of IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 posted

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Thu Oct 12 05:53:39 UTC 2023

Greetings,

I've posted what I propose is the first STABLE draft of IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0:

   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20231011.pdf
   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20231011.docx
   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20231011-rev.pdf
   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20231011-rev.docx

With much help and patient guidance, as well as assisting code in PAPPL, from Mike Sweet, I have completed prototyping all four conceptual features defined: Job Release, Job Storage, Job Policy and Job Proof and Suspend. The source code is available here (my changes are not pretty):

https://github.com/wifiprintguy/pappl-epx/commit/13dc53725d07d36840ccd193382071c700ae5b5f

This includes a supporting ipptool test file:

https://github.com/wifiprintguy/pappl-epx/blob/epx-proto-libcups3-2/testepx/pwg5100.11.test

and a Markdown document I used to keep things straight in between hiatuses where I was distracted by other tasks.

We don't need to review tomorrow but it would be good to review in the near future so we can get this thing moving again, now that the prototyping logjam has (hopefully) been cleared.

Cheers,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy