MFD> MFD modeling and CASE tools

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Mon Aug 6 08:34:37 EDT 2007

All,

The question has been asked "Should we change to use a UML tool such as
Rational Rose to capture our MFD model?"

This was discussed at the last teleconference.  On the pro side was it
provided a standard machine readable representation of the model and
allow for direct machine generated code.  On the con side was that the
tools are expensive and would incur a learning curve for the
uninitiated.   There may be an unequal benefit across the PWG (it is
unknown how many participants use CASE tools).  The consensus was that
we should take this to the MFD mailing list hence this note.

Is anyone volunteering to create and maintain the UML diagrams?  If
someone will, we can certainly incorporate them into the specification
and store them on the PWG site along with the specification and
WSDL/schema.

Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX