Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Wed Dec 5 19:05:16 EST 2007

< text > means remove text

[ text ] means include or add text

{ message } means request or action

( text ) means a question from me or I need clarification

Line 225:

... other MFD functions [including a different scan job].

Line 237 ... Physical Scan Job Ticket

{change} object {to} hardcopy

Line 237 ... Physical Scan Job Template

{change} object {to} hardcopy

Line 237 ... Scan Job

(how does this differ from Scan Document)

Line 237 ... Scan Service (at last line of the definition)

... locally or remotely [to the MFD].

Line 237 ... Scan Mailbox

(Isn't scan to a mailbox out of scope?)

Line 237 ... (new definition)

[Configured Scan Job Template   object   A Scan Job Template that has been
modified (configured) to represent the end user Scan Intent.]

Line 237 ... Scan Document Data

(Is there any real difference between Scan Document and Scan Document Data
as defined?)

Line 237 ... Scan Client (at last part of the definition)

....with the end user [, Template Management Service, scan repository,] and
a Scan Service.

Line 237 ... Local Client

... Local Scan client [through out] <with> this document.

Figure 1 - Last Arrow (10b)

(10b) Store template [remotely] (if storage.....

Line 247 to line 249

... <Since Web Service .................... (to the end of line 249>

Line 276

6.1.1 Processing Flow <Requirements>

Line 282

... Scan Service <(scanner)>, the ...

Line 283

... for each element [of the Scan Service].

Line 285

(Is the word "attributes" correct or should it be "elements" or  should it
be "attributes and elements"?)

Line 287

... of the [C]<c>onfigured Scan ...

Line 289

... store the [C]<c>onfigured Scan ...

Line 291

... validates the [Configured] Scan ... ensure the [template]<temlate>
is....

Line 292

... ... Scan Job Template [in the specified Template Repository]<at the
repository> (local...

Line 294

... that their [Configured] Scan Job Template....

Line 295

... remote Scan Client [application].

Ended at the bottom of page 14

(Requirement section:  I had the understanding that a requirement statement
must only state a single requirement.  That is there can not be an "and"
unless it is a condition on a single requirement.   Therefore, the following
suggestions separate the compound requirement statements into individual
(testable) requirement statements.)

Line2 301 to list 314 become

Design Req 1.1  A Scan Service SHALL response to a "create new template"
request from a Scan Client.

Design Req 1.2  A Scan Service, in response to a "create new template"
request from a Scan Client, SHALL provide data elements that, at a minimum,
are included in the default Scan Job Ticket.

Design Req 1.3  Data elements provided by a Scan Service SHALL contain the
default values of descriptive and processing elements of a Scan Job Ticket.

Design Req 1.4  Data elements provided by a Scan Service SHALL contain the
capabilities supported by the Scan Service.

Design Req 1.5  A Scan Client SHOULD validate that a Configured Scan Job
Template is well formed.

Design Req 1.6  A Scan Client SHOULD validate that a Configured Scan Job
Template has element values with the specified range of the elements.

Design Req 1.7  A Template Manager Service SHALL validate that a received
new, modified or Configured Scan Job Template is well formed.

Design Req 1.8  A Template Manager Service SHALL validate that a received
new, modified or Configured Scan Job Template has element values with the
specified range of the elements.

Design Req 1.9  A Template Manager Service SHALL support storage of new,
modified or Configured Scan Job Template for a specified Scan Client.

Design Req 1.10 A Template Manager Service SHALL support storage of new,
modified or Configured Scan Job Template for a specified end user.