Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Mon Dec 17 06:38:42 EST 2007

Ira,

I do not want to see that change.  When I talk to our driver people
"settings" is more closely aligned with the default ticket and
capabilities.  Settings can be changed by an administrator or End User
(often remotely).  A configuration can not be as easily changed and
involves the addition or removal of hardware.  There are other mappings
(see
<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa507422.aspx>) that are very
closely aligned with the PWG Semantic model. Their Defaults & Allowed
Values map to Settings.  Their Configuration maps to Subunits (i.e.
Configuration).

In the PWG Semantic Model the configuration element is the installed
hardware for the system or the effective hardware configuration for the
service (i.e. the service specific view for the subunits used).

Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Xerox Research Center Webster