MFD> Auto Document Element Detect option

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Mon Dec 17 13:07:43 EST 2007

Again, since the ScanService supports image processing, should we consider
the following

[optional]DocumentPageElementDetect[Boolean:On, Off][Type: Image, Graphs,
Text, Barcode, Form-Elements (CheckBox, etc), All]

The ScanService may provide the function of segmenting the individual
scanned document pages into document element components; such as, images,
graphs, text, barcodes, etc..  Using the multiple scan regions per scanned
document page, ScanService can store elements in separate files.

Another possibility since image processing is included is recognition (OCR,
barcodes, forms-elements)

[optional]DocuemntPageRecognition[int: REC_OCR, REC_BARCODE, REC_FORMS (or
something like this)]

The ScanService may provide the function of segmenting the individual
scanned document pages into document element components and provide
recognition of the element components; such as text, barcodes,
form-elements.

Glen