Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:11:48 EST 2008

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the good minutes - sorry I missed the meeting.

Comments on stuff in the minutes:
- Scan Service Requirements - separate spec
  Good idea, but remember it still gets the full Last Call and
  Formal Vote (per PWG Process/2.0)
  - when approved, it's archived in the (misnamed) directory
    'pub/pwg/informational' with a prefix 'req-'

- DocumentCharSet
  Charset - a specific IETF/W3C term for character set AND encoding
  - in WIMS schemas, Charset was capitalized correctly (it's wrong in the
    Printer MIB, due to a legacy misspelling).
  - Should correct to DocumentCharset

- DocumentNaturalLanguage
  As important as Charset when scanning
  - for subsequent OCR of characters

On Jan 21, 2008 10:56 AM,  <nchen at okidata.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> The Jan 17 teleconference meeting minutes is now available as:
>
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/minutes/pwg-mfd-minutes-20080117.pdf
> and
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/minutes/pwg-mfd-minutes-20080117.doc
>
> Thanks for your participations.
>
> -Nancy
> Principal Engineer
> Solutions and Technology