[MFD] MFD Overall spec questions

Nancy.Chen at okidata.com Nancy.Chen at okidata.com
Tue Jul 7 14:34:11 UTC 2009

Hi Bill,

According to my understanding,

1. Yes, we agreed to change ResourceSupported to AvailableResources in
System.

2. AvailableResources contains permanently installed resources readily
available to the MFD system, as compared to those needed to be downloaded
using Resource Service. I would say these are available to any supported
service in the device.

3. AvailableResources complex element used to be under Server but not in
System. We have just started to define AvailableResources in System which
actually has the same semantics. So these two are redundant. But I think
it's useful to retain it in Server to serve as the base class for
AvailableResources in System. The relationship between the
AvailableResources under Server and that under System is just like the
relationship between the Subunits element under  Server and the Subunits
under the System.

Pete said he will make sure we got the semantic right after the meeting.
But he is out these days, we should double check with him in the next
teleconference for the correct semantics.

Regards,
-Nancy
Principal Engingeer
Solutions and Technology
Oki Data
2000 Bishops Gate Blvd.
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
Phone: (856) 222-7006
Email: Nancy.Chen at okidata.com

"William Wagner" <wamwagner at comcast.net>
Sent by: mfd-bounces at pwg.org
07/06/2009 10:10 PM

<mfd at pwg.org>
cc

Subject
[MFD] MFD Overall spec questions

I have been working on what has turned out to be a major re-organization,
based on the comments at the June face-to-face. At this point, I have a
few
rather low-level questions with respect to System as represented in the
schema.

1.     SystemDescription includes the ServiceDescription element group,
which includes ResourcesSupported. I have a note that we changed that to
AvailableRescources. Is that correct?

2.     In the System  context, does ResourcesSupported
/AvailableRescources
deal will all the resources available to any supported service in the
device, or only to resources available to all supported services in the
device?

3.     How does this relate to the AvailableResources complex element
under
Server, which is at the same level as System , Services and Subunits?

4.

Thanks,

Bill Wagner

believed to be clean.