[MFD] MFD Schema questions

William Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Tue Jul 7 16:30:38 UTC 2009

I am confused by what appears to be a lack of parallelism in the schema,
although with the implications it has in the specification documents.

We have been, most reasonably, identifying the operations specific to each
service. However, I do not see these operations identified in the Schema for
any service other than Print. (perhaps I am just missing them)

For the Print Service, the PrintServiceDescription includes the general
ServiceDescription elements, and then some 40+ additional elements among
which are OperationsSupported.

However, the other Services include just the general ServiceDescription
elements and an "any", without any additional service-specific description
elements.

Perhaps at least the OperationsSupported element should be among the general
ServiceDescription elements?  Although one would expect that there would be
Service-specific service description elements for each service.

Thanks,

Bill Wagner

believed to be clean.