[MFD] MFD Schema questions

William Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Tue Jul 7 17:35:03 UTC 2009

Pete,

I don't quite follow your first comment, but certainly agree with your
second comment.  I think these additional elements are an important part of
the modeling, but it is not clear in all cases whether the element should
be.

1.    the general ServiceDescription group (OperationsSupported should be),

2.    the System specific SystemDescription area (yes on DeviceId,
PrinterInfo, PrinterLocation, PrinterMakeAndModel, PrinterMoreInfo,
PrinterMoreInfoManufacturer and PrinterName, perhaps with Device in place of
Printer)

3.    Service-specific Description Areas (such as they are now with the
Print Service)

These all have impact on the Overall MFD document. Can we schedule some
workgroup time to discuss this, and the AvailableResources questions too?

Thanks,

Bill Wagner