[MFD] Issue for MFD teleconference Thursday 10/29?

William Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Thu Oct 29 04:53:13 UTC 2009

Ira,

Really Ira, it was not my intent to criticize any of the significant effort
you have put and are putting into PWG activities. I fully appreciate the
significant contributions you have made. I have simply suggested that a
single unified statement of requirements for the MFD model effort may be
more efficient and might better allow a coherent statement of the need for,
intent of and bounds on the MFD Model. I pose this thought to the MFD
working group and will cheerfully abide by the consensus of the group. If
there are "process" problems in doing this, perhaps the SC will allow some
bending of the rules as it obviously has in forgoing the need for a separate
requirements document in other  cases.

I am sorry that you find the requirements update statement confusing. It was
a direct quote from Process document. Perhaps there is justification for
updating/clarifying the Process document?

And I am sorry of you felt I was attacking the Power Model. Actually, I
think it is a good model and a good document. I was just responding to your
observation that it underwent significant changes from the first draft, and
I thought that the sequence specified in the Process document, including the
generation of an PWG approved requirements document, may have addressed many
of the issues that required those changes before the first draft was
generated.

I am aware that you personally have written ALL of the Requirement sections
and specs in the PWG for the last five years. And although I appreciate that
your efforts have facilitated getting those specs done, I think this fact in
itself is disturbing.

Bill Wagner