[MFD] Dec. 8-9 Face-to-Face Meeting Minutes is now available

William Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Tue Jan 5 22:57:55 UTC 2010

Hi Ira,

Thank you for your response. I apologize for not using proper capitalization
and non spacing conventions in the email, but I obviously am not
communicating the issue adequately and will leave it open for discussion.

And I wonder about " Document object can only be created *after* a Job
object has been created"

We maintain that services such as Scan output Digital Documents to a
repository, in which case the I would assume that the Documents can exist
long after the Job and Job history are gone. And if a PrintJobTicket were to
reference a Document in a repository, are we saying that it is not a
Document until the Print Job is created, which occurs after the Print Ticket
is accepted by the Print service?

Are we  (or just I) getting mixed up between the formalities of the Schema
model Document object and the common perception (that we also seem to adhere
to) that Documents are created, shuffled around, stored, and may be included
in a Job.

Bill Wagner