[MFD] RE: Operations

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at XEROX.COM
Thu Mar 4 19:01:32 UTC 2010

Ira,
I added it per January 14 teleconference.   <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/minutes/pwg-mfd-minutes-20100114.pdf>
I am fine with it either in or out. It makes the operations more symmetric.  I don't know how well used it would be.  I don't have a feel for how well used ValidateJob is currently in IPP.
Pete

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701

-----Original Message-----
From: Ira McDonald [mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 10:20 PM
To: William Wagner; Ira McDonald
Cc: Zehler, Peter; Nancy.Chen at okidata.com
Subject: Re: Operations

Hi Bill,

There is no such IPP operation as Validate-Document
in any IETF or PWG spec - I just did a text search through
the IANA IPP Registry and the set of 10 PWG IPP specs
that we're adding to that registry.

Pete - do we maybe want Validate<service>DocumentTicket
as the layer down from Validate<service>JobTicket?

Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
summer:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:36 PM, William Wagner <wamwagner at comcast.net> wrote:
> Somehow, we managed to pick up a Validate<service>DocumentTicket operation
> with an identified antecedent IPP operation of Validate-Document in PWG
>  Candidate Standard 5100.5. I can find no such IPP operation in 5100.5 or
> any of the other IPP documents. Am I just missing it? Is this a reasonable
> MFD operation?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Bill Wagner

believed to be clean.