[MFD] Using RFC 5870 for GeoLocation in the PWG Semantic Model

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Tue Oct 26 16:57:18 UTC 2010

All,

Now that I've had a chance to read RFC5870 I am in favor of dropping our
complex type and defining ServiceGeoLocation as a URI that adheres to
RFC5870.  There are a number of reasons but primarily:

1)      The RFC is published and can be normatively referenced right now

2)      The default, and only defined, Coordinate Reference System is
wgs84

3)      The geo uri supplies longitude, latitude in decimal degrees and
altitude in meters in the wgs84 reference model

4)      The geo uri scheme does support an optional uncertainty
parameter to cover a margin of error for the location in meters

Unless there is an objection I plan to make the change for the soon to
be released named version of the PWG MFD Model XML Schema.  I plan to
put this out later this week.

Comments?

Pete

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com <mailto:Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com>
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.