[MFD] Title of Print Job Ticket spec

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:14:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

I agree with Mike's suggestion below about a document
title for Print Job Ticket - let's do future PWG SM specs
with titles like:

  "PWG Semantic Model <topic>"

For example:

  "PWG Semantic Model Print Job Ticket (PJT)"

  "PWG Semantic Model Fax In Service (FaxIn)"

Note the suffix (PJT) short name for the spec that follows
our current spec template and recent practice.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:

> Ira,
>
> Thanks for forwarding this...
>
> On Aug 15, 2011, at 10:11 AM, Ira McDonald wrote:
>
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Zehler, Peter <Peter.Zehler at xerox.com>wrote:
>
>> Ira,****
>>
>> We’ll have a chance to rectify that soon.  I have two unrelated questions
>> ****
>>
>> **1)      **Do you know what ever became of <
>> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_COLOR/pwg-ipp-color-and-imaging-v02-021205.pdf>
>> ?
>>
> <ira> EEK!  No, I think this spec just got lost - we should share this with
> Mike and the IPP folks.
>

> After doing a quick scan of this document, I really don't think we want to
> bring it back from its shallow grave - much of the content doesn't match up
> with a managed color workflow. However, there are a few things we can take
> from it:
>
> 3.3 black-overprint
> 3.14 trapping
>
> Both of these *do* have applications in prepress to deal with registration
> issues between separate color planes, however I haven't had registration
> issues on a printer in years - still needed? If we do add these to JPS3,
> they should be booleans.
>

> 3.12 Color rendering intent attributes
>
> Should we fold the notion of separate rendering intents for graphics, text,
> and images into print-rendering-intent?
>
> According the IPP and SM mail archives, it was discussed on 5 Dec 2002
> at an SM telecon - but there are NO SM minutes after 7 Nov 2002 and
> before 23 January 2003 in the SM ftp minutes archive - hmm...
> </ira>
>
>>  ****
>>
>> **2)      **Do you think the title of the PWG Print Job Ticket
>> specification should be “PWG Print Job Ticket for Cloud Based Printing”?
>>
> <ira> No - Instead, I suggest "PWG Print Job Ticket Semantic Model"
> with use case(s), design requirements, and implementation notes for
> Cloud Printing (and IPP Everywhere?).
>

> Or "PWG Semantic Model Print Job Ticket"?

believed to be clean.