[MFD] What is a "standard" imposition sheet

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Sat Jan 14 12:49:34 UTC 2012

Glen,

ImpositionTemplate does not require a "language" for setting a template
up.  The ImpositionTemplate is simply a keyword.  The set of keywords is
extensible.  Xerox has privately extended it significantly.  We extended
it to match the capability of our production machines and finishers.  An
example of a Xerox extension that is in common use would be 'Saddle'.
We also have a mapping from the extensions to the JDF
PageDistributionScheme parameter.

I do not know if the 'Signature' value is explicitly defined anyplace.
The working definition I use is that a signature is one or more sheets
of printed media folded into a unit that is gathered into the final
product. A signature may comprise the entire document or some portion of
it depending on the scope to which  the processing element is applied
(e.g., entire job, document within a job, overrides for a set of pages).
It should be also noted that there are significant interactions between
ImpositionTemplate and other processing elements such as Sides, Number
Up and PageOrderReceived.

Pete

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster