[MFD] FW: wd-sm20-printjobticket10-20111220.pdf comments

larryupthegrove larryupthegrove at comcast.net
Wed Jan 18 22:52:06 UTC 2012

I have been reviewing the PWG Print Job ticket and have a couple of
comments.

1.        If the print job data is encrypted (financial data for example)
there should be an element to define the encryption method.  I only found
the password encryption element.  Discussed at last cloud meeting to add
note.

2.       Device operator commands – Would the “DocumentMessage [PWG5100.5]
§9.1.20” be used to convey information such as use digital signature on a
security card located at print provider, if so can the field be extended for
additional information or instructions?

The extensibility of the ticket should logically extend to the transmission
of scan data from an imaging device, I think it has most of the elements.

Larry Upthegrove

believed to be clean.