[MFD] Question: What is FontNameRequested really representing

Harry Lewis harry.lewis at infoprint.com
Thu Jan 19 18:34:04 UTC 2012

Glen, you're just getting an unintended misfire in the cadence. Another
way to smooth out that rough idle could be:

“Specifies the name of the font if the document data is in a format that
does not have inherent font information (e.g., ‘text/plain’ vs
'application/pdf'), otherwise, this element is ignored.”

Harry

Harry Lewis
President AFPC, AFP Architect, Program Manager IP & Standards
Phone: 720-663-3456
Email: harry.lewis at infoprint.com
infoprint.com

Ricoh Production Print Solutions LLC

Nisi credideritis, non intelligetis

"Petrie, Glen" <glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com>
Sent by: mfd-bounces at pwg.org
01/19/2012 10:12 AM

"Michael Sweet" <msweet at apple.com>
cc
mfd at pwg.org
Subject
RE: [MFD] Question: What is FontNameRequested really representing

Thanks for the clarification.

So “Specifies the name of the font if the document data is in a format
that does not have inherent font information (e.g., ‘text/plain’),
otherwise, this element is ignored.”

Would be

“Specifies the name of the font ("Arial", "Courier", etc.) if the document
data is in a format that does not have inherent font information for the
content type (e.g., ‘text/plain’), otherwise, this element is ignored.”

Or

“Specifies the name of the font ("Arial", "Courier", etc.) if the document
data is in a format  (e.g., ‘text/plain’)  that does not have inherent
font information, otherwise, this element is ignored.”

Glen