[MFD] Re: [IPP] media-input-tray-check-default

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Jan 24 23:56:40 UTC 2012

Glen,

MediaInputTrayCheck and 5100.3's media-input-tray-check use the older Printer MIB naming convention, even though roll and slot names can be used.

MediaSource comes from JPS3's media-source - "source" as a more general word than "input tray" since it covers slots and rolls.  We had a lot of discussion about this early in the definition of media-source for JPS3 and concluded that we should break the chain and use the new name.  (oh, and realizing that we have printer-input-tray and printer-output-tray mapped from the MIB, I may propose to change those names accordingly for the final JPS3; "media-source" is widely implemented already but "printer-input-tray" and "printer-output-tray" are not...)

believed to be clean.