[MFD] Question on Resolution Versus Qaulity

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 17:01:38 UTC 2012

Hi Glen,

A conforming PrintService that supports PWG standards either:
(1) Is an IPP Printer (a *logical* print service); or
(2) Is a PWG SM implementation of PrintService.

In either case they are bound by IPP semantics as those are
the normative basis of the PWG Semantic Model.

Some other PrintService that accepts a PJT may make other
choices, but then interoperability across gateways will suffer.

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Petrie, Glen <glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com>wrote:

> Ira****
>
> ** **
>
> Does a conforming Print Service accepting a PWG:PJT  have to behave
> accordingly!!!???? (It is not an IPP printer!)****
>
> ** **
>
> glen****
>
> ** **