PWG-ANNOUNCE> Last Call: New Printer MIB Enums for FIN MIB

Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri May 29 20:08:11 EDT 1998

Ron wondered where the registration proposals and approvals would be
posted.  According to our PWG process white paper reviewed at the 5/20 PWG
meeting, section 7. Maintenance, step 4:

  4. To make the status of proposed registrations and clarifications clear to
   PWG participants and others, the Maintenance Editor will keep them in the
   appropriate sub-directory
      ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/xxx/DOC/proposed-registrations
      ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/xxx/DOC/proposed-clarifications
   where xxx is the project and DOC is the base document against which
   changes are proposed.

In this case, the xxx is pmp, and the DOC is, say, rfc1759, if we don't
have a new RFC, or the new rfcnnnn for the Draft Printer MIB.

and step 8 says:

  8. If, in the opinion of the WG Chair, the Last Call discussions achieve a
   consensus of approval, the Maintenance Editor will move the approved
   registration or clarification to the appropriate sub-directory for each
   project
      ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/xxx/DOC/approved-registrations
      ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/xxx/DOC/approved-clarifications
   and announce the approval to the entire PWG via the PWG-ANNOUNCE DL.

In this case, the xxx is pmp, and the DOC is, say, rfc1759, if we don't
have a new RFC for the Draft Printer MIB, or the new rfcnnnn for the Draft
Printer MIB, if we do.

Tom