PWG-ANNOUNCE> Schedule for Monterey Meeting

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 16 10:45:07 EDT 1998

Don - this is appropriate - THANK YOU!

I am willing to forgo discussion of Notifications and SDP (and ALL post=
 v1
topics) in order to focus on  CLOSING v1 at Monterey! I think we should=
 enter
Monterey with a FINAL list of issues... we should limit discussion of e=
ach
issue to a reasonable time period and be DECISIVE about each issue. We =
should
focus MAINLY on closing the nitty-gritty technical issues that actually=
 affect
the specification, clarity etc. If we still have major controversy, suc=
h as web
and firewall philosophy, it should be allowed to rain no longer than 1 =
or 2
hours, then put to rest. There has been PLENTY of time to resolve these=
 issues
via the reflector and it would be best if we had them resolved prior to=
 the
meeting.

Interoperability testing and test results should be our secondary focus=