PWG-ANNOUNCE> Printer & Finisher MIBs Status

Bergman, Ron Ron.Bergman at hitachi-ps.us
Mon Jun 14 20:00:26 EDT 2004

The long awaited Printer MIB v2 and Finisher MIB are now available as IETF official documents.
(Although the official IETF announce has not been made.)

  ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3805.txt   (Printer MIB v2)

  ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3806.txt   (Finisher MIB)

  ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3808.txt   (Charset MIB)

Note that the Charset MIB now provides the missing enumerations for the CodedCharSet
textual convention defined in RFC1759.  This TC is now known as IANACharset.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to these documents over the last 8 years.
I especially want to thank Ira McDonald and Bert Wijnen, who spent countless hours
reviewing and helping edit the documents and working with the IETF to move the drafts
to their final state.  Others outside of the PWG that provided significant inputs include
Juergen Schoenwaelder and David Harrington.

The number of contibutors in the PWG is a long list and can be found in the documents.

	Ron Bergman
	Hitachi Printing Solutions, America