PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG-DMTF alliance for updating CIM/CORE for Printer management

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Mon May 16 23:01:18 EDT 2005

For several weeks, we have been discussing with the DMTF the possibility
of an alliance for the purpose of re-aligning Printer MIBv2 and portions
of the PWG Semantic Model with the DMTF CIM/CORE model for device
management. Recently, the DMTF Board of Directors have extended a formal
invitation to the PWG to engage in this alliance. The work effort is
outlined in this DMTF "work register".
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/related/dmtf/PWG-DMTFWorkRegister.htm
The PWG Steering Committee intends to authorize a formal reply of
acceptance to the DMTF following our PWG Steering Committee phone
conference Thursday, May 12. A joint press release will follow.
I invite you to express you to participate in this semantic alignment and
modeling effort which will take place as part of the WIMS working group.
Harry Lewis
IBM STSM
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems