PWG-ANNOUNCE> DMTF / PWG alliance made public

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 14 17:40:10 EDT 2005

As members of the Steering Committee are aware, we have been working on
developing our alliance with the DMTF for some time. As Jerry Thrasher has
already pointed out, this was publically announced today.
http://www.dmtf.org/newsroom/releases/2005_06_14
We will begin to orchestrate this work effort at the July meeting in
Cupertino (hosted by Apple).
This will be a rewarding project in that it will further align a key
segment of the industry with the standard management semantics derived
from the Printer MIB and PWG Common Semantic Model.
I ask that all parties interested in helping make this effort a success
please send me a note indicating your desire to join the work group.

Congratulations to both the PWG and DMTF for establishing such a strategic
alliance!
Harry Lewis
IBM STSM
http://www.pwg.org