PWG-ANNOUNCE> ACTION - Ordered list of CIM MOF classes - due Wed 11 April

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu Apr 5 17:12:31 EDT 2007

Hi,                                              Thursday (5 April 2007)

*** Action:    Send your ordered list of CIM MOF classes
*** Due Date:  End-of-day Wednesday 11 April 2007

*** To:        All PWG members
*** Reply To:  wims at pwg.org
*** Note:      Do NOT reply to pwg-announce at pwg.org

Background:  As a result of the slow CIM Core WG process, we urgently
need to reach concensus on the ORDER in which we will model the tables
from the Printer MIB (RFC 1759/3805) into CIM MOF classes, as described
in Rick Landau's document posted in the directory:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/cim

in the file:

    td_PrintClassGroupings_v09_20070208.pdf

Below is my own ordered list of CIM MOF classes:

(0)  CIM_PrintOutputTray - prtOutputTable - done - in progress at DMTF

(1)  CIM_PrintInputTray - prtInputTable - done - not submitted to DMTF
(2)  CIM_PrintMarker - prtMarkerTable - done - not submitted to DMTF
(3)  CIM_PrintChannel - prtChannelTable - done - not submitted to DMTF

(4)  CIM_PrintSupply - prtMarkerSuppliesTable
(5)  CIM_PrintDeviceCover - prtCoverTable
(6)  CIM_PrintAlertLog - prtAlertTable
(7)  CIM_PrintAlertRecord - prtAlertEntry

(8)  CIM_PrintMediaPath - prtMediaPathTable
(9)  CIM_PrintInterpreter - prtInterpreterTable

(10) CIM_PrintColorant - prtMarkerColorantTable
(11) CIM_PrintConsoleLight - prtConsoleLightTable
(12) CIM_PrintConsoleDisplayBuffer - prtConsoleDisplayBufferTable

(13) CIM_Printer - prtGeneralTable - last - depends on all other classes

At the WIMS-CIM telecon on Thursday 12 April we will determine concensus
on the ordered list - Rick Landau and I will follow this concensus.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com