[Pwg-Announce] Google "Chrome" OS and printer drivers

Randy Turner rturner at amalfisystems.com
Thu Dec 3 06:53:12 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Some of you may have already seen or heard about this, but I find it interesting that Google is "just now" learning about
the "proliferation of printer drivers" problem, now that it is in the OS business.  And guess what it would like to do about it?
I'm guessing they have this novel idea of a "Universal Print Driver", or something like it ( a way to connect to a device and have
it automatically upload its' driver, etc.)

Knowing Google, they will probably want to patent the idea of a Universal Print Driver, since no one else has thought of it :) :) Yeah right.

Maybe, instead of working with one or two printer vendors behind closed doors, they should be working with the PWG on this problem.

See link below:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30684_3-10407264-265.html?tag=newsEditorsPicksArea.0

believed to be clean.