[Pwg-Announce] Call for Review of langPDF/PS/PCL variants for IANAPrinter MIB (30 April 2010)

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon May 3 18:15:56 UTC 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 11:10 AM, George Liu wrote:
> Has PCL-XL been left out intentionally?

Yes, because it is already registered in RFC 3805:

        langPCLXL(47),       -- Not in RFC 1759
                             -- Printer Control Language. Extended
                             -- language features for printing, and
                             -- printer control.
                             -- Tammy Ferguson (HP)
                             -- and Binnur Al-Kazily (HP)
                             -- Technical reference manual: None
                             -- Hewlett-Packard Co.

> There're PCL-XL 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, etc. Microsoft GPD based mini drivers is
> able to generate PCL-XL.
>
> George

believed to be clean.