[Pwg-Announce] Fwd: Obsoleting RFC 3986/3987 -- what would it look like?

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 18:32:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

Interesting new thread on a complete rewrite of the IETF
RFCs that define URI/IRI, initated by Larry Masinter.

This would have very wide-ranging impact (from protocols
to parsing libraries).  The overall reason is to add back the
real parsing rules that were lost from the first URL RFCs.

Humorously (to me), note the proposal to revert to "URL"
(what the rest of the non-techie world uses anyway).

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Temporary Cabin *** 2012 only *** 906-494-2523