Draft of the new prtGeneralPrinterName MIB object

Bob Pentecost bpenteco at boi.hp.com
Fri Aug 2 15:41:42 EDT 1996

Jay,

The description says:
             The value
             of this object can be any arbitrary string as long as it
             is unique among all other instances within the Host Resources
             MIB device table.

Is it required to be unique or is it highly recommended? (I realize that it
doesn't make sense to have the same name for all the printers, but should
the printer be expected to reject a value?)

Bob Pentecost
HP