Draft of the new prtAlertTableChanges MIB object

Gail Songer Gail.Songer at eng.efi.com
Tue Aug 6 13:56:29 EDT 1996

Jay,

Well, I had hoped Lexmark would respond but since they did not I hope they do
not mind that I do it for them.

Lexmark printers will include a HUGH amount of information in the alert table.

Warnings/informationals include, but are not limited to, changes in paper
level, changes in media weight, color, type and form parts for a tray(happens
whenever a tray is removed or inserted, can't remember), tray remove/insert,
addition/deletion of a paper tray or duplexor. Almost anything that can happen
goes into the alert table.  (This statement makes me want to say that
operations on the flash and disk also get logged, but I really can't remember).

Critical errors include cover open, paper jam and the like. Anything that
prevents the print engine from printing a rendered page.

On the Optra+ line, some informationals get logged multiple times. For example
there can be multiple entries of media color change.  Obviously this could fill
the alert table. (On later products, only one instance stays in the log.) The
informationals get removed if space is need for warnings or errors. Warnings
get removed to make space for errors.  There is more than enough space to hold
any combination of errors that could occur simultaniously.

Did this help?

Gail