Microsoft & Web Based Enterprise Management = reality

JK Martin jkm at underscore.com
Tue Aug 6 21:59:00 EDT 1996

Geoff,

> 4. Allow me to add another perspective ?

What??  You didn't let me give you an answer before you proceeded!  ;-)

Geoff, I have to honestly say that I find the comments in your last
message very coherent and, for the most part, right on the money.
That is to say, I agree with you pretty much up and down the line.
(Imagine that, huh? ;-)

My business partner and I have recently lamented the serious lack
of USER involvement within the PWG.  We seriously believe that more
user (ie, CUSTOMER) involvement would have resulted in the Jobs MIB
being done quite some time ago, not to mention other MIB-related
activities.

Anyway, I just wanted to make a quick comment on one of your statements:

> Now, MS does have such a mechanism (of sorts). They probably did things the
> way they did because they feel progress of the PWG is too slow any other
> way and suffers from a warped engineer perspective that immediately sets
> things off in a certain direction.

While some of us might like to think the world (especially Microsoft)
is holding its collective breath waiting for results from the PWG,
I really don't think that our work has anything whatsoever to do with
Microsoft's involvement in the WBEM initiative.  (It would be nice if
they did, though... ;-)

	...jay

PS:  Hey, I *liked* your joke.  I hope to see a "based-on-a-true-story"
     version of the joke on an upcoming TV epsisode of next season's
     "Files from the Justice Department"...