Draft of the new prtAlertTableChanges MIB object

Caruso,Angelo Angelo_Caruso at wb.xerox.com
Wed Aug 7 09:50:43 EDT 1996

Jay,

No, I don't think this new object will be difficult or costly to
 implement for Xerox or anyone else. In general I always take an
 opposing position to adding new objects. I do this mainly to guarantee
 that a real need exists. In this case it is now apparent from the
 various vendor responses that the object is neccessary.

I am concerned with Gail's response though:

"Warnings/informationals include, but are not limited to, changes in paper
level, changes in media weight, color, type and form parts for a tray(happens
whenever a tray is removed or inserted, can't remember), tray remove/insert,
addition/deletion of a paper tray or duplexor. Almost anything that can happen
goes into the alert table."

Was it really intended that the alert table be flooded with
 informational alerts which are not really critical to printer management?

Thanks,
Angelo