! Web-based Enterprise Management (MS et al)

JK Martin jkm at underscore.com
Sat Aug 24 12:47:00 EDT 1996

Ray Lutz recently posted on the MFPA mailing list:

> !Please see:
>
>     http://wbem.freerange.com
>
> I was told that the PWG was not aware of this announcement. That makes me
> worry that this really doesn't have the sort of strong commitment at this
> point. Make your own conclusions... But, check it out.
> -Raymond

Lest anyone misunderstand the first sentence, it should be clarified
that the PWG was not aware of the WBEM intiative before it was announced
on or around July 17 of this year.

Once it was announced, the PWG was fully briefed on the initiative at
the PWG's Portland meeting held shortly after the WBEM announcement.

A key point made at the PWG Portland meeting was that if WBEM does indeed
"take off" within the general network management universe, then the PWG
should ensure it is intimately involved with any/all definitions of objects
relating to printers and (possibly) printing systems in general.

	...jay

--  JK Martin               |  Email:   jkm at underscore.com          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03015-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --