Novell ManageWise and the Printer MIB

Rudy Valdez rvaldez at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Aug 27 20:18:50 EDT 1996

PWG and Novell PWG Members,

I'm trying to find a version of the Printer MIB that is compatible with
Novell ManageWise.  ManageWise doesn't ship with RFC1759.MIB, so I've tried
to add it myself.  I've taken the published (SMIv2) RFC, translated it to
SMIv1 via the SMICng compiler/translator, and compiled it into ManageWise
(adding the ManageWise-required trap decorations).

Browsing a HP5Si printer with the ManageWise browser only returns data for 2
tables: prtGeneralTable and prtInputTable.  The other tables are "browsable"
but no table entries appear.  I've queried the same HP5Si with "home-made"
SNMP browsers, and verified that at least some of the other tables do
contain data.

Any ideas?  I've tried making the indices "read-only" (they retained their
original "not-accessible" after the SMICng translation), but that didn't
help.

My configuration in case it matters:
        ManageWise 2.1
        Windows '95
        Communicating via TCP/IP with the device

Thanks in advance,
Rudy Valdez
Xerox Corporation