Printer MIB Teleconference

Lloyd Young lpyoung at lexmark.com
Tue Oct 8 16:44:55 EDT 1996

I have scheduled the Printer MIB teleconference for Friday October 18
from 1:00pm to 3:00pm Eastern time. Here's the procedure to follow:

1. Dial 423-673-6719
2. When asked for the access code enter 511393.
3. When you are connected, please state your name and company so we
know who is in the call.

I need to know by Friday 10/11 the number of phone lines that will be used
for the conference call. Please reply to me privately and I will publish
a tentative participation list before the call. I need to know who from your
company will be in the call and the number of phone lines that you require.

We have two issues to discuss in the call:

1. chPort9100(11) and chAppSocket(12) wording
Steve Zilles changes the chAppSocket wording.

chPort9100(11),   -- Bi-directional printing protocol
                  -- utilizing TCP port 9100 for
                  -- job control and page description
                  -- language (PDL) data.
                  -- Hewlett Packard Co.
chAppSocket(12),  -- a bi-directional, LPD-like
                  -- protocol using 9101 for
                  -- control and 9100 for data.
                  -- Adobe Systems, Inc.

2. new group prtChannelInformation (AKA MagicCookie)
action item from the NYC meeting. The proposal that will be discussed
in the call will be David Kellerman's updated by Randy Turner.
The goal is to resolve this issue by the end of the call.

Lloyd Young                       Phone: (606) 232-5150
Lexmark International Inc.        Fax: (606) 232-6740
740 New Circle Road NW            internet: lpyoung at lexmark.com
Lexington, KY 40511