Internet Printing on the agenda

Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Thu Oct 24 21:10:56 EDT 1996

At 04:06 PM 10/24/96 PDT, you wrote:
>Scott wrote -
>
>>As far as possible agenda items for New Orleans related to Internet
>>Printing:
>>- Propose a new PWG project for Internet Printing
>>- Discuss a charter for the working group
>>- Review of LDPA proposal
>..etc.
>
>I would like time on the agenda to review a couple other proposals
>as well.
>
>>Now that I list it all out, this sounds like too much for November, but I hope
>>that we can squeeze in some time.  What's the agenda look like Don?
>
>I agree this is a lot of work and we have to get it started. I
>tried to solicit a 3 day PWG (extended into Saturday) just after the
>NYC meeting and got only chuckles.
>
>Now, I propose we plan to "eat-in" and work late Thursday to stretch
>the agenda.
>
>This is not a minor topic! I think we should start with high level
>reviews of the goals as well as any proposals. Especially in light of
>the press release, I think we should start ASAP.
>
>Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

Unfortunately I will be visiting an OMG meeting the same week your PWG
November meeting is being held. However, I would like to get a feeling for
the planning of Internet Printing activities in the PWG beyond your next
meeting, as I expect to become very active on this subject. I am also trying
to get a BOF session organized around Internet Printing for IETF's next
meeting in December, to get a better feeling for how they will receive the
new subject.

Carl-Uno

---
Carl-Uno Manros