PWG Open Issues with Printer MIB Internet-Draft

rbergma at dpc.com rbergma at dpc.com
Wed Nov 13 16:26:34 EST 1996

Randy,

The following items were not corrected in the November internet-
draft of the Printer MIB.  I have not seen any discussion on these
issues, so I assume that they were not rejected.

(The page numbers are relative to the draft document without revisions
 indicated.)

page #13:  There are now two definitions of Busy.

page #17:  The title of 2.2.13.3 should be "Alert Table"  (no "s")
           The second sentence of 2.2.13.2 should read "This section
           provides an overview..."  (not "...and overview...")

page #18:  The title of 2.2.13.5 should be "Traversing the Alert
           Table".  Also, the text for this paragraph is missing.

page #33,34:  The following PrtChannelTypeTC enums were to be removed
  since they do not fit (even our kitchen sink) definition of a channel
  type.  (This was the conclusion in the Montreal meeting.)

   chDCERemoteProcCall(22)
   chONCRemoteProcCall(23)
   chOLE(24)
   chNamedPipe(25)
   chDLLAPI(29)
   chVxDAPI(30)

page #38:  The following two entries were to be removed, since they
           were not a part of RFC 1759.

   interpreterContextSavingOn(1512),
   interpreterContextSavingOff(1513),

page #77:  There is a blank line in the description for the object
           prtConsoleDisplayBufferEntry.

page #77:  The end of the description of prtConsoleDisplayBufferIndex
           should read:

     "...values are normally expected to remain stable across
     successive power cycles."

page #78:  Same as above for prtConsoleLightIndex

     Ron Bergman
     Dataproducts Corp
     rbergma at dpc.com