Lloyd Young lpyoung at lexmark.com
Thu Dec 19 07:18:11 EST 1996

Jay,

The reason for the "short fuse" is that the contract must be committed
by this Friday for the hotel that Larry Stein is negotiating with for
the February 1284/PWG? meetings. Therefore I have to know by this
afternoon (Thursday afternoon) what we are going to do. I WILL NOT
tell Larry that the PWG is not going to participate with the 1284
without an acceptable plan in place for Option 2.

In my note I did not ask that all plans be in place for Option 2 by
noon today but that someone come forward and commit to set up
the meetings. Jay, IF you telling me that you are doing that
(committing to be responsible for the Option 2 February meeting)
then that is fine, I will tell Larry that the PWG is not participating
with the 1284 meetings. However I did not read that in your e-mail.
I will extend the deadline until 4:00 pm EST today (Thursday) but
the deadline stands - if someone does not commit by 4:00 pm EST
today (Thursday) to be responsible for the Option 2 February
meetings then I have to tell Larry that the PWG will be
participating with the 1284 meetings.

Lloyd