PWG> Re: PMP> The Goal is Draft Standard

Bill Wagner bwagner at digprod.com
Tue Dec 24 10:52:51 EST 1996

     Chris,

     Thank you for your statement and 'call to arms'. Although it is quite
     clear, the interpretation of the first dictate might stand a bit of
     elaboration as we decide how to proceed. Specifically:

     "(1)  The revised draft must include a list of the
     substantive changes to RFC1759 and the justification for
     each change (the changes *must* be for clarification and
     correction, they *cannot* be new features)."

     I take this to mean that every substantive change (including each
     additional object) must 'fix' something that the documented
     implementation experiences show as being broken. Presumably,
     substantive changes intended to address perceived but not demonstrated
     deficiencies would keep the new RFC at proposed standard level. Is
     this a correct assessment?

     Seasons greetings to the PWG.

     Bill Wagner, DPI