JK Martin jkm at underscore.com
Fri Apr 25 10:54:42 EDT 1997

Don,

Thanks for the rationale as to why the upcoming San Diego meeting
schedule was structured in that manner you have documented.  You
have done an excellent job in positioning the meeting dates so
that related meetings are chronologically adjacent to each other.

I believe this approach is clearly the best way to go, and I fully
understand why making my proposed schedule changes would not be as
optimum as your plan.  I accept this.  No problem.

However, as Harry Lewis has pointed out, there was never any explicit
message posted to the official PWG mailing list detailing this schedule,
particularly since the schedule deviated from the original 1997 schedule
posted to the PWG mailing list several months ago.

Following similar comments recently posted by Keith Moore, the PWG
mailing list must always be the primary vehicle for disseminating
information about the PWG and its activities.  While it's really great
that we maintain a web site containing detailed information about such
activities, a simple "heads up" message to the mailing list is still
the best way to ensure all folks see this kind of information in a timely
manner (besides the fact that it's an IETF rule, right?).

We can't really expect everyone to constantly monitor the PWG web site
for these kinds of changes, wouldn't you agree?

Again, you've done an admirable job in deriving a schedule that benefits
the greatest number of people.  Let's use the mailing list, though, in
the future for all schedule notices.

	...jay

--  JK Martin               |  Email:   jkm at underscore.com          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --