Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Apr 30 14:59:36 EDT 1997

At 16:09 04/17/97 PDT, Harry Lewis wrote:
>Classification:
>Prologue:
>Epilogue: Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems
>
>Ray Lutz had pointed out a collaborative forums service on the web, but I never
>saw anything in there except entries by Ray. I think you can check it out at
>www.mfpa.org/forums.html
>
>>With the volume of mail increasing and the fact that teleconferences
>>can't be attended by everyone, should we re-examine the idea of using
>>some electronic threaded forum software?
>
>>In talking with Keith Moore, it should have a feature where a subscriber
>>can get any posting as a mail message and can input any response as a mail
>>message.
>
>>Does such a forum exist?

Yes.  Its called Alta-Vista Forum.  Log-in as me to the Forum that is
used by customers to make queries to and discuss problems with the Digital
engineers that support the Alta-Vista Forum product itself and see what you
think. (sse instructions below).

If you want to ask questions, go ahead (as me) or you can register
as yourself, if you get really interested.

Tom

>Harry Lewis.

Harry (and others),

Here is the info to try out such a forum: