PWG> JMP> Potential Finisher MIB Project

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 30 15:03:25 EDT 1997

Thanks Don, for making room on the Seattle agenda to discuss the possibility
of forming a Finisher working group. I look forward to leading this discussion
on Friday morning and I feel 2 hrs (or less) is appropriate at this stage.
To date, I have seen PWG e-mail from 8 individuals (aligned with 8 separate
companies) interested in creating a Finisher standard and there are some
23 people from 15 different companies subscribed to the FIN e-mail reflector
(fin at pwg.org). With this level of interest, I anticipate some very
interesting points of view. It is my hope that we can rapidly formulate our
goals, define our scope and develop the architecture to either augment the
Printer MIB or create a stand-alone Finisher MIB for use in managing this
aspect of the device and the print job.

I invite anyone with Finisher experience or interest in print finishing to
join us at the meeting or register with the FIN e-mail reflector.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

-------- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 07/29/97 01:46 PM --------

        jmp-owner at pwg.org
        07/29/97 01:25 PM